4/17/2012

Invisalign Progress ! =D

I know it's been a few weeks since my last post so I thought I would give an update as to how I am doing with Invisalign in Toronto. I am currently midway through aligner #6 and I'm noticing some movement.  There is a slight space between my lower incisors and I can feel my upper canines starting to move as well. It's all so exciting! I've realized that each aligner has different pressure points.  For instance, with aligner #5 I felt more 'tightness' around my lower incisors, whereas with aligner #6 I'm feeling pressure on my upper canines. As strange as this may sound, I actually enjoy the soreness that comes along with the aligners. It makes me feel more at ease because I know my teeth are moving. Even though there is only slight movement so far, I find myself in front of the mirror staring at my teeth several times a day. I will post pictures next week to share my progress with all of you.

On a side note, it's week 11 and no one has noticed yet! I'm hoping I can keep this up for another 73 weeks =D


5 comments:

  1. Anonymous4/17/2012

    cool, I'm happy to read your posts. How long does the soreness last? Do you find it hard to wear them 20 hours a day?
    I just went in today to have the images taken of each of my teeth and I'm excited to view my video from invisalign.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! With each new aligner the soreness will last for 2-3 days at most. I haven't had a hard time wearing them for 20+ hrs/day yet. I know with summer coming around it's going to be a little bit more of a challenge. I will definitely update you and everyone else about how it goes. I'm glad to hear you are also starting invisalign! I'd love to hear about your progress once you get started =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4/20/2012

    Hey there! Thanks for the blog! I will start my treatment soon and wonder if the tooth movements have caused you any headaches? I got headaches with braces as a child but am hoping this method will make the movements more subtle and less headachey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I do get headaches once in a while, especially when I switch into new aligners. I would recommend taking Tylenol when you switch into new aligners to prevent any headaches. Also it's probably best you switch into the new aligners at night time in case there is any discomfort. I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous5/04/2012

    Hey again! Thanks for the update! I just got my attachments today... I absolutely could not get my top try out in the office - praying I can get it out later to eat! My attachments seem to be more visible than yours:( I just got back from Mexico and it was really difficult to wear them 20 + hours a day while travelling. I'm rededicated now!

    Joanne from PEI

    ReplyDelete